Sunday, January 17, 2010

From the Depths of my Heart...


As I was worshipping the Lord tonight, I sang the words, “God, you’re all I need,” and it made me think…how many times I go to the Lord with pride in my heart. My lips sing and say to him, “God, you’re all I need,” but my heart says, “I can handle this, I’ll only get from God what little I need to keep walking on.”

I realized that when I go to him, I’m very business-like. I want him to answer my requests and then I’m gone, back into the world to do more for God. I push through and struggle every day forcing myself to take one step then another reaching into the depths of myself, or so I think, to advance but who is it really that is doing the work?

God wants to do the work. He wants us to surrender to him so that his supernatural work can be done in us so that the whole world can see the miraculous and give him glory. We are just helpless people who need an Almighty God.

When will I just surrender? He says, “My burden is light and my yoke is easy.” When will I lay down my prideful heart that tells me that I can just push my way through? God, I’m so sorry, I’ve been lying to myself that I want a relationship when all my desperately evil heart wants is to be able to say, “See, I can do this.”

I lay it down. Loose the chains from me and change my cold heart. Let the cry of my heart be to know you, to speak to you as I would my friend. Help me be sensitive to your needs and desires. Help me to get to know the real you. Melt away all of the traditions of men that have told me what to believe about you. Melt away all of the ideas I’ve had about you and show me the truth of who you are.

When I come to you, let our relationship be first and foremost in my mind. Let me speak to you as to my dearest friend. You are my dearest friend. Thank you for giving me this glimpse into my heart to see what you see. You are so kind to me. I repent. Amen.

Oh, for grace to trust you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment