Thursday, March 18, 2010

Redo You!


Paint, paint, and paint some more! Getting your house ready to sell is a lot of hard work! Not that I’m complaining, I actually love to take a tired looking space and give it new life. I must confess that I am an HGTV junkie. Remodeling gets my juices flowing.

I was reading in 2 Corinthians last night during our family bible time about how God loves to do the same thing. He is the God of restoration! He is the God of reconciliation! He loves it when people come to him and allow him to “redecorate” their lives. :)

He can take the vilest of person and completely transform their life. It even seems that the worse they are the better God likes it because his grace is displayed in bigger more obvious ways. One shouldn’t think that their life is too far gone to receive Jesus as their Savior because of this very fact!

This kind of thinking is a tactic that the enemy uses to keep people from coming to God, but if we were to look closely at the people that Jesus hung with while here on earth we would find that they were the ones that society would consider outcasts….prostitutes, tax collectors, fishermen, and people who had been plagued with disease and demons.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

So let’s break it down…If we receive Christ as our Savior we are changed into someone completely new and all the old goes. We come to God through Christ Jesus and only through Christ Jesus. We come to God only because he really wants us to be with him and so much so that he doesn’t count our sins against us!

So no matter how bad you may be, if you are reading this today and you don’t know Christ there is hope! God is saying to you, “Come, accept my perfect way through my perfect sacrifice (Jesus) and I will forget all the bad you’ve ever done; I won’t hold it against you.”

Then he gives us a ministry….to help others come to him. This ministry is given to everyone who has received him as Savior not just the preacher! He makes us his personal ambassador to speak his message of reconciliation through us to others in need.

I will echo the words of the Apostle in my own words as I plead with you today, don’t let the lies of the enemy stand in your way and come to God and be made new. If you are sick and tired of the way your life is going and your old ways of doing things have not been working so well for you……try something new!! Ask Jesus to come into your heart and be Lord of your life today. Acknowledge to him that you are full of sin and you need his help and peace will flood your life like never before! I know because he did it for me and he will do it for you.

It’s time to do some remodeling of the soul….

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Christy! I got a chance to catch your blog, and your opening line reiterates what I just posted! I have loved to see how such pain has drawn and called you to bring others to Him. I love seeing your love for Him...and I know he will use you and your family to continually draw others to Him. He already is. I love ya, girl, and He does so much, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Christy!! Amen! :)
    Love to you~
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete