Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Little Red Purse of Love



God’s love is so amazing! I love it when he pours out a bucket load on you at unsuspecting moments. Like a friend calling out of the blue with words in due season that bless and encourage you or something as simple as a purse…both of which lavished God’s love on me today.

Sometimes you can see how he directs you without your knowledge and then he lets you see it just to show you how in control he really is…let me give you an example from my day.

I had gone to a department store to get some red shirts for work (we are wearing them because they are festive). While I’m in this department store, I think about buying a purse. Recently, I got a very small royalty check from the sale of my book about my daughter, so I thought I would treat myself.

Being a mom, that’s hard to do sometimes because you think about all the needs of the family instead of your own, so, I walked out of the department store without the purse. As soon as I stepped out of the store my purse strap broke, “Well, now I do need a purse,” I thought so I drove down to another store that was nearby to see what they had.

I looked around and found this cute little red purse that had a great price for the brand and I debated once again but this time I decided to just buy it. It wasn’t until I was down the road that I realized what I had done as the Lord spoke to my heart…Danni had a little red purse that she loved. We had worked it into her casket piece along with her favorite heels.

Joy flooded my heart and tears streamed down my face as I remembered her and her purse and as I thought about our current circumstances the Lord encouraged my heart that he had everything under control and he wants the best for us. He showed me how capable he is at the right time to cause circumstances to come together in my favor to lavish his love on me.

And now I had a little red purse to remind me everywhere I went! Oh, and a pair of earrings that said… “believe,” not even thinking about it I had purchased them too!

He loves us …Oh ..how he loves us…Oh…how he loves us…Oh…how he loves us!!!

2 comments: