Sunday, June 16, 2013

Its ok to let go...

A friend of mine text this picture to me this week.  She lovingly visited the grave of my daughter as I know many people do. I know this because everytime I go to visit it there is something new placed along side.

Tokens of love from a community whose lives were touched and changed forever by her life and by her passing. I am so grateful to God that he knows all things and even though its hard sometimes I must trust that he knows more than me.

Us moms are special people, even after our children pass we still try to be the best mom we can be to them. We struggle and fight to keep their memory alive. Sometimes we think if we don't we're not being a good mom.

The truth is they are at peace and so we should be as well. Isaiah 57 verse 2 says, " those who walk uprightly enter into peace they find rest as they lie in death."  This got me thinking how can they walk uprightly and yet lie death at the same time?

My thoughts were taken to other scriptures in the word that speak of dying to the flesh.  In order to walk uprightly before God, we must trust in him and during that process our flesh must die. 

I had never looked at that verse that way even though I had read these scriptures (verses 1 & 2) many times to comfort me for the loss of my daughter.

Verse one is for her; verse two is for me. Much love to all you mothers who have lost your precious children.

Proverbs 3 verses 5&6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings; in all your ways  acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight."


No comments:

Post a Comment