Sunday, September 5, 2010

Heart of Love

My heart was moved to tears this morning as I read from Matthew 26:6-13. When was the last time that I just loved on Jesus? As I followed the example of the woman with the expensive jar of perfume, I ran to him in my heart and embraced him pouring over him the love he had given to me.

It is an expensive thing to love Jesus like this, it will cost you all you have and all you are but any other way is not enough. He deserves all the love and devotion we can give.

I thought it was interesting that in verses 8-9 the disciples thought that her act of devotion was a waste. How this must have wounded the heart of God, his disciples were so caught up in the “work” of God that they couldn’t see God. There he was, Jesus their Messiah reclining at the table with them just inches from their fingers ability to reach out and touch him.

They could look directly into his beautiful eyes; they could hear his voice clearly and directly. They could ask him any question and know for sure the answer that came from his lips. Oh, what I would give for that opportunity!! But they missed it. How tragic.

But there is always one left, a remnant that sees. The woman loved him so much and through her love her eyes were opened and she saw clearly the Son of God before her. She gave him her all. Oh, that I could be like her.

Jesus, keep my heart full of love and open my eyes to see past the “work” of Christian society so I can simply love you with all I have. Open the eyes of my spirit to recognize your presence so that I will never miss you. All my attention I give to you, Jesus, as well as my love. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment