Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life is...

I haven't blogged for a while mostly because Jessi and Atlee, my kids, are homeschooling online which ties up the computer for most of the day and evening. Lately, I have no words of wisdom or catchy phrases to quip.

I feel as if I have been stripped down to nothing. I have found a job that I like very much working with people in a local restaurant. It's a good place for me to be and I feel like life has just started all over...again.

I can't believe that in another month it will be two years since we lost our precious Danni. The year has flown and so much has changed...where has the time gone?

We are enjoying our new surroundings and the people here are so kind. They work hard, very hard but seem happy.

I'm ready for a warm winter with no snow and I am excited with anticipation to see what God will do with our new lives. This week we safely tucked my parents away in their new condo life at the retirement village and it's good to know they are well taken care of. They have no plans of slowing down they just won't have the extra ins and outs of home ownership to deal with.

Life is what it is no matter where you are...what you make of it.

We're learning a great deal about being content in all circumstances and living on the joy that comes from within.

Walking on in him...Christy

1 comment:

  1. Christy,

    What a beautiful, honest blog post this was. I have tears in my eyes knowing where your family has been in the past years, smiling at the words, "I feel life has started all over...again."

    Many women losing a daughter, in the manner which you did, would not be able to say this. Praise God for the testimony of new life....after such pain....of new life, literally, in following Him...new surroundings, new job, new everything.

    Oh, may the Lord bring you new joy this year. I praise God for the testimony you give to him.

    ReplyDelete