Monday, October 24, 2011

God, save us!!

Today, I have been in thought about God’s grace (his unmerited favor) towards us. I was amazed to find God’s response to his child in trouble when the child cried out to him in Psalms 18:1-19. God uses all his power to move heaven and earth to respond to our cries…I am overwhelmed by his love for us.


We have been trying to find our place in a body of believers here and I would be lying if I said it has been easy. Every Sunday morning is a chore to hear from the Lord where we should go or what we should do. Yesterday morning was no different and I cried out to the Lord for help. I looked over at my bible laying open to Psalm 18 next to my chair and in my desperation began to read. I saw that if I would cry out to the Lord he would answer and protect us from the enemy and his plans.


On our way to a particular gathering of the saints, we experienced great opposition from the enemy of our souls. I’m sure that many of you have experienced this on the way to church. It was so obviously the enemy that we decided that instead of turning back and going home we should persevere to see what the Lord wanted to do that the enemy did not want to happen. I want to encourage you to do the same when things seem so out of the ordinary…press in and persevere the end result will be worth it.


Long story short the Lord did a wonderful work in our hearts and brought much confirmation to the situation.


I want to encourage you today that if you are in trouble of any kind be it big or small in your eyes, cry out to the Lord and he will deliver you from the enemy. He will be true to his word in Psalm 18 but we must humble ourselves to cry for his help. He longs to save us…he sent his only son to die isn’t that proof enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment