Monday, July 2, 2012

Quiet Life

Life can be so quiet, so mundane; every morning we trudge off to work and every evening is the same; We lovingly discuss the day, what was good and what was bad, then we eat and go for a walk... by the way this is my favorite time of the day.

Some TV, some popcorn, then off to bed we go to start the whole cycle over again; Every day I have my ears to the news and my eyes on the skies, when are you coming Lord, this world gets darker by the minute.
I look at the pristine skies and the lush tropical foliage; I watch the lizards play and think is this for real? How can it be so bad in other parts of the world and yet so calm and peaceful in mine?

When is the next big thing going to hit? I know I must sound rather grim and pessimistic but isn't that a part of life as well? We have the good and those things that challenge us as God grows us up into him.
I'm grateful for the quiet life. I'm grateful for mundane because I'm convinced if there was no mundane we wouldn't learn how to commune with the Father on a deeper level.

It takes a lot more effort to be intimate with Him in the calm than in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment