Sunday, August 5, 2012

Salvation

I woke up this morning thinking about the process of salvation in my life. My thoughts were of this house of a body I live in and how when I welcomed Jesus in all I could see was his wonderful light flooding my barren walls. The warmth and love from him was overwhelming, my whole being was flooded with peace.

People around me must have thought me crazy because I remember for the first time in my short life (I was 15) I was peaceful, quiet and still.  I was truly in awe and yet I wasn't fully aware of what happened to me...all I knew was suddenly the wind and waves inside were calm and still.

Life went on as it always does and unknowingly I went my own way, somehow I didn't put together the things they spoke of in church with my new found calm. I had grown up in the church but it all just seemed to swirl around me like a smoke filled haze.

Then one day it was like God flipped on the light in a dark room and the cleansing began. Now by his light I could see all the boxes and cobwebs stacked and piled strung from here to there. God was with me as we began ever so slowly to open box after box. Some of them were so gruesome that all I could do was weep and say, "Please, Lord, deal with this one for me."

Gently he would come along side me with his word and his presence and walk me through the process and then other times he would make me deal with the boxes myself always standing or sitting nearby, never leaving or forsaking me.

This salvation process the world can never understand. It isn't that we accept Christ as our Savior and then instantly our lives are perfect...quite the contrary now we must deal with the things we have stacked and piled that trip us up. Things we weren't even aware were there...we couldn't see them before his light came.

I understand why the world would say, "There is no God," because then they would have to see things about themselves that need to be cleared away. John 3:19 says, "...Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

God's whole purpose in exposing the darkness in me is to fill me with more of his glorious light so that he can shine his light through me and bring other people to inner peace and give them the gift of his salvation.

He wants to calm the storm in you and clear away the dust and burdens of old boxes of junk that life heaps upon us or that we collect. If those things are cleared away, we can live at peace with God and ourselves no matter how crazy this world gets.

Don't be afraid...come to the Light of Jesus and he will change your life. Ask him to show you that he's real and invite him into your very being, confess to him the darkness in your life and you will receive his peace and his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment