Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's got me thinking...

Recently, the Lord has been challenging me to see people as he sees them.  He's opened my eyes to the lack of love I have for people and he desires to change this in my life.  I am confident that he wants to change this because he doesn't show us our lack just to leave us to our own devices to fix ourselves. He shows us what the need is then we work together with him to bring lasting change.

In Nehemiah chapter 1:4, I saw a clear reflection of the state of my heart.  As Nehemiah heard of the state of his people he was grieved, he wept, mourned and fasted for his people.   What love he displayed for his fellow man.  Would I have reacted the same or just remarked in momentary sadness.

Oh, that I could have the heart of the Lord for people.

Another scripture he brought me to this morning was Isaiah 25:8-9. This was another challenge from him for my heart's disposition towards God himself.  "...your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you..."  I'll be honest, God was the last thing on my mind last night as I surfed the net with diligence for something I wanted to buy.

Oh, how my heart needs to change.

Lastly, there has been something the Lord has revealed to me that has given me great victory and these are the words spoken from my heart as God revealed it, "God, I surrender to you and accept your will for me today, I trust you."  so simple and yet so profound as I truly accept his will for me today.

Thank you Lord, I am confident that you are changing me and I desire to work with you on these things which you have confronted me today...thank you for your love and thank you for your dicipline...grow me up:)



No comments:

Post a Comment