Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm Getting Ready to Ride!


Have you ever been on a roller coaster? I used to love to ride them. You get in line to wait your turn and with each slow step the line advances, your heart starts to race a bit more as you anticipate the relinquishing of all control.

Finally, you make it to the top platform where you climb in and the harness comes down tightly over your shoulders...your heart beats faster until you think it will burst and with a jerk off you go!

Click, click, click, clack, click ...up higher and higher...man, what a view but don't look down!

Then your at the top and the car hesitates just for a split second .... that incidentally feels like an hour...then vrooooom down you go twisting this way and that up and down ....and my personal favorite the loop... weee!

Well, enough said you get my point, today I feel as if I'm in the line slowly making steps forward as I will be embarking on a journey to the other side of the world.  Lord willing, I am going to an island in the Indian Ocean called Mauritius.

It is where our church was founded and it is our annual conference time.  I'm very excited to be one of many ambassadors from our small Florida congregation.

I will be making posts along the way to share my adventures. I'm asking the Lord to do many things in me....oh, how I need to mature and grow deeper in my love for him and others.

More is to come and I can't wait to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment