Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Amazing Gift...Life

Well, now we’ve done it…we are officially without a home. Last night we sold the house we have lived in for 10 years. I’m sitting in the remains of the dining room as we’ve emptied the house of unnecessary items. It’s calm and quiet with hints of light coming from the living room. I don’t think it will fully hit me until we’ve closed the door for the last time that this phase of my life has come to an end and a new chapter is beginning.

We’re on the adventure of a lifetime…or so it seems. We have made some plans but are waiting for the Lord to direct our steps. I am in awe at the whole experience. Most of our worldly possessions were packed into our garage, driveway and front porch last weekend and what didn’t sell for full price was sold at half price or given away.

We will be traveling light into the next paragraph of life and we are very excited to see what God will do. We are guaranteed to face some hardships as Jesus said they must come, but we are looking forward to the challenge.

Where will we live? How will we eat? How will we survive? Jesus said not to worry about these things for the Father knows we need them. Once again I am at a place where my faith is put to the test. Do I really believe the things I say I believe? I must or else I have wasted the better part of my life believing in a fairy tale. But it’s not a fairy tale….Jesus is reality.

Faith and action are about to join again and be worked out for the entire world to see…that is if they care to watch. The kids are excited but it’s hard to let go of everything familiar to them. I am confident that just as God has a plan and purpose for our lives he has one for theirs. I’m glad God has given us this grace and opportunity to show them that like Abraham, we can let go and follow God where ever he sends us. I want them to be brave and courageous so I must show them fearlessness.

I want them to be able to soar with God when it is their time to soar. I want to see them put their whole heart and soul into loving their God. May they set their face like flint to follow him no matter what the cost. We haven’t time to waste…life is short.

I’m also confident of the fact that we will learn much though these experiences and while moving to another area of the country is our plan; God may have other direction for our steps. Life can change at a moment’s notice when you least expect it and so we are keeping our focus on the Father and our ear attentive to his instruction.

What an amazing time. What an amazing gift. God isn’t a respecter of persons; he loves us all the same and he has placed amazing gifts in each of our lives. The only requirement in receiving the gift is trust.


Let go of things that hold you back today and cling to the Father, let him direct your path and ask him to show you the amazing gift he’s placed in your life, no matter what it may be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Christy! Tear fill my eyes and my heart swells in reading this! Praise God. That story you have written will be the joy and provision. And what a beautiful testimony your life and walk to all those around. I am amazed. First century disciples you are. I love you much in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete